Originally posted on my facebook page, June 2, 2017
Crying at the gym...take 2
Today the only demons I am fighting are my own.
I am grieving the loss of my fat (ter) self. I am missing the woman who sat in her bed having burger after burger after burger and just not giving a crap.
I miss the feeling that I am loved even though I am morbidly obese. I miss the fact I was able to shut up my inner self with unhealthy food and forget about life's aches and pains.
I miss that when I had a bad day (like today) I was able to smother that pain with some thing sweet. These are my demons.
Today. I grieve that woman. She is gone. This is my demon.
I fought with myself. I didn't want to come here. I wanted to stop at cinnabon, laura secord and somewhere with a big fat juicy burger. And eat them until I puked. These are my demons.
I didn't even stop and buy myself a coffee. This is my VICTORY.
I made it to the gym. This is my VICTORY.
I did a smaller amount of weights than I normally do. I reasoned with myself... "It's been a rough day... take it easy don't worry about it..."
I got on the eliptical... "it's ok... go on a lower setting... only do 5 minutes don't worry about it"
I considered staying off through dreadmill... "It's ok, It's only one day"
I DID weights. This is my VICTORY.
I turned up the crossramp and resistance on the eliptical. I did 5 minutes, I did 10 minutes and then I did 15. This is my VICTORY.
And I looked the dreadmill in the settings panel and I climbed on. speeds of 3.5...speeds of 4.0...speeds of 5.5...speeds of 6.7 (my normal max) and speeds of 7.0... Hello new record.
These are my demons.... I carry them with me all day every day.
But taking back my health? That is my VICTORY.
Comments
Post a Comment